What exactly is human trafficking?
Human trafficking involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act. It happens across and within national borders and affects virtually every country either as a country of origin, transit, or destination for the victims.
How does it affect society?
In addition to being one of the most egregious violations of human rights in the world today, human trafficking promotes the breakdown of families and communities, fuels organized crime, deprives countries of human capital, undermines public health, and imposes large socio-economic costs. Thus, the trafficking of human beings is a multifaceted global problem that demands a comprehensive cross-sector solution.
How can I be a part of the effort to combat human trafficking?
Rani Hong, CEO of the Freedom Seal was stolen from her family and sold into slavery at the age of seven. As a survivor of child slavery, Rani has dedicated her life to becoming one of the foremost advocates for combating the crime of modern-day slavery.
Rani founded The Freedom Seal, the world’s first visual marker companies can use to clearly communicate to consumers they are actively taking steps to prevent forced labor and human trafficking in their practices. FIBA is partnering with The Freedom Seal and Rani to offer an online certification course in identifying, defining, and understanding forced labor, modern-day slavery, human trafficking, and money laundering.
Participants who enroll in the Individual Professional Certification will achieve:
- Introductory knowledge on the concepts of forced labor and human trafficking risks by understanding key terms, identifying steps in the trafficking process, and distinguishing between human trafficking and smuggling.
- Education on current definitions and practices of forced labor, modern-day slavery, human trafficking, and money laundering.
- An introduction on the ability to identify common causes leading to modern-day slavery, such as vulnerability factors and global trafficking patterns.
- Introductory knowledge on international standards relating to human rights due diligence by identifying general concepts of human rights and examining the relationship between business and human rights.
- The Freedom Seal badge, to be used on social media, email signatures, resumes, and more.
Participants who enroll in the Exclusive C-Suite Training will achieve:
- Knowledge of the issue of modern-day slavery in the business community.
- Information on how to stay compliant with the latest global legislation and adhere to international standards on Human Rights.
- Information about a risk assessment process and how it can be easily implemented to satisfy internal and external audit requirements.
- Understanding of the hidden risks within a supply chain.
Develop new skills and begin to build expertise in human trafficking to update your professional profile, broaden your knowledge base, and learn how to individually bring about change and awareness.
Save $140 on your individual certification by using code FIBA140 at checkout.